Tuesday 7 February 2012

My Top 7 Sewing Blogs.



My Top Seven Sewing blogs.

I love reading about what other people are making and I have learnt so much from them. I would like to give something back, so here is a little shout out to my favourites!

For complete beginners:
  •  There is a lovely round up of basic skills at A Beautiful Mess. If you poke around basic seams and hems are also described, but I can't seem to find them right now. The blog is quite lovely with a lot of other things too, vintage, fashion, hair etc. 
For intermediate sewers (like me):
  • Do you want to make a little cosmetic bag or a whole quilt? I do! Flossie Teacakes is here to help. With a down to earth vibe and a bit of mommy blogging on the side, this one is charming.
  • Jorth is just amazing for her talent of writing funny, entertaining and original posts. And they are all about her sewing projects. And cookies. And what kind of conversation your dress dummy might be having with your sewing machine while your back is turned!
  • Naughty Shorts is an inspiration to anyone that wants to sell their sewn items on Etsy, and has a simple whimsical summer style.
For those who really know what they are doing:
  • Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing is a complete inspiration. Hardcore sewing, sleek and clean design and a vintage twist, it keeps me coming back for more. Gertie makes the best stuff! Her wardrobe must be a dream ;)
  • For smart sewing and bit of knitting mixed in, plus great sneak peeks into a fabulous vintage pattern library, Zilredloh is a must.
  • Last but not at all least, head over to Sewing by the Seat of my Pants for some real life sewing, the kind that we do in the little bit of time snatched from all the other stuff we have to get done!

PS. Are you into buying handmade? Yes? Then you should check out the amazing stuff in the Etsy Stock Take. If you sell your craft on Etsy, please come and join in :)


Follow Lifes Jewels on String



1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! I would love to reply. Due to blogspot's slightly strange setup you'll only get to see my reply if you check back here in a day or two, or if you click on 'subscribe by email' under the comment box. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...